Friday 30 January 2015

#4 Stuff it!


Im not sure what it is about humans, but it seems that we all looove gathering stuff. I wonder if this trait is a primal instinct or something we are conditioned into by those around us? Looking around the room right now, I see a whole lot of stuff, most of which I don't need or use very often. Books, ornaments, toys, the list goes on. Even my daughter doesn't seem to be playing with a lot of the toys as much as she should be...
So this brings me to a question to ponder today. 
Do we need heaps of stuff to raise a baby? 
The TV will tell you that you do, so will the shops... and the Baby Expo you went to last month thinks you need all kinds of paraphernalia. But stop... Take a deep breath and think... Before I have this baby what do I need? NEED? 
Here are some things I remember needing during the first 3 months with my baby.

Nappies ( more than I expected I think I exceeded 250+ newborn nappies)
Baby wipes ( heaps) 
Muslin wraps and bunny rugs ( have a few) 
Onesies ( prob enough for 3 a day) 
A bassinet ( basic) 
A bouncer/ rocker ( basic)
Cloths for Wiping reflux
Milk ( breast or bottle) 

That's not much hey? They pretty much eat, sleep, cry and Poo. 
Try not to get sucked in! Just try to keep it real Peeps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment