Monday 19 January 2015

#2 Go with your gut


    Before my daughter was born I had no idea what the hell I was doing. There was advice coming thick and fast from anyone and everyone and I appreciated that. I hope that I listened politely to everyone and was genuinely interested. But after 9 months of potentially conflicting advice, I came to the conclusion that despite everyone's good intentions, I am the only one who knows my body and the child kicking and moving within it. So I decided to "go with my gut" literally! Ha ha...What is my body telling me today? What will it be telling me during labour? I didn't worry about whether I would breast feed or bottle feed. My body would tell me. I wasn't concerned about how much pain relief I would need during the potentially many hours of labour. My gut would let me know! It somehow liberated me! And it meant that armed with everyone's advice I may or may not use it. Phew.
    Now, if I was to offer you any advice it would be just that. We are all different and I can't comment for anyone else but for me, this really worked. GO WITH YOUR GUTS GUYS!!
You're welcome! Just keepin' it real :)

No comments:

Post a Comment