Monday 4 May 2015

#14 Freedom!!



It was my husbands 40th birthday last week and to celebrate I bought him and I tickets to one of his favourite comedian's shows happening in conjunction with the Sydney comedy festival. 

He was really excited about it and so was I. More excited than I have been about something in a long time. But why? Although I like the comedian too, there was something more to it. And then it dawned on me. This was the first proper outing we had been on as a couple for a long time... Sans kid! 
During the night everything seemed so easy... No car seat, no pram, no baby bag, no feeding, no bed time, no crying... No baby... It was utterly weird. 

It's amazing how quickly you adapt to your new life. We had been married 10 years before Jemma came along and never really realised how free we were.

You know what I learnt from this experience? 
Every now and then you need a break with your partner. It sounds logical right? But I didn't realise how long it had been... It's freedom and it makes you love your baby and partner even more.
So guys, my non-expert advice today is " Go out and have a good time without your Bub every now and then." It will feel absolutely strange but It's 100 percent worth it! 
Keep it real :)

No comments:

Post a Comment