Tuesday 17 March 2015

#10 K.I.S.S


Sorry to disappoint guys but this is not a "How to" guide to kissing. Actually now I think about it it's much more boring than that. Nevertheless... I choose to continue. 
   You may recall in post #1, I mentioned that I have some mantras for my life... Well today, in conjunction with International day of happiness, I have decided to talk about one of them. " Keep it simple" and by "it" I mean life. 
  Since I can remember, I've never wanted to live a complicated life. My parents will even tell you stories of my telling them this at a very young age. " Mum, I just want to live a simple life." I would say. And for the most part I think I have to this point. Although, having Jemma has certainly added another layer to my life... All be it, one which I don't regret a bit and which gives me great joy.  I do often wonder though, why?, as humans, we seem to need to complicate. I think happiness can come from "just being"...being content with what we have. I understand that there are circumstances out of our control that can help to complicate our lives but I also think that some of us look for something to complicate our lives. Better Job, more money, new clothes, bigger house, more activities to do with our kids etc. 
The happiest moment I've had this week was sitting in our big red reading chair just cuddling my baby after reading a book. That was enough.
What would life look like if we didn't pressure ourselves to have more, more, more and just said Enough, enough, enough... Be content...and arguably...happy?

Just something to ponder this week... Keep it real people! 

P.s Happy International day of Happiness for Friday 20th :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment