Wednesday 11 February 2015

#6 All worked out!



    I experienced something special last week. I officially went back to work after a year of Parental leave. I wasn't sure how I would feel about it... but, all in all, it was fine. I haven't gone the whole hog, as in, 5 days a week. Just a modest 2 days and I have amazing Parents and in-Laws looking after my baby but it's crazy weird how different it feels to Pre-baby. It's like everything is the same and then you remember her and you're like "oh I wonder if Jemma is ok?"
Then you check your phone for updates and conclude that no news is good news and then you always seem to have this feeling that you need to get home.
And when you get home, this overwhelming feeling of guilty love comes over you and you just wanna kiss the chubby little cheeks off her and give her your undivided attention for the rest of the evening.
So... I feel a bit guilty but although she is only 10 months old, I feel that she has to start learning that Mummy will not always be with her 24/7. She'll have to adjust to spending time with others. Whether they are grandparents, carers, friends, teachers etc. and I feel like this will make her a more social and better adjusted member of society. A wise colleague once said to me " It takes a village to raise a child". Now I get that! I may feel a bit guilty but I hope in the scheme of things it will benefit my daughter. Keep it real guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment